Maley Funeral Home dates back to 1890 as doing business in Covington, and the greater Tipton County area. It was established by the late Robert S. Maley for whom the business is named. Maley erected a building on East Liberty Street, on the Historic Covington Court Square, in 1923. This location remained the home of operation until it moved to the currently location in 1976.
William Robert Eckford and John T. Eckford assumed ownership of the business in 1933 upon the death of Mr. Maley (Mr. Maley is buried at the R.H. Munford Cemetery here in Covington.)
The Eckfords operated and managed the business until September, 1970, when Landon B. Yarbrough purchased the concern. The firm officially added Yarbrough to the name in 1980. Today Mr. Yarbrough still remains the president/owner of Maley-Yarbrough Funeral Home.
Today Mr. Landon's family still strives "To Serve Humanity."